Tuesday 6 December 2011

Back! :)

Right. I'm back. :) Here's a list of things I've done on holiday (for the coursework!) :
  • Decided on the main music video (as a backup at the time): "Vince The Loveable Stoner" by The Fratellis
  • Decided on 2 possible music videos: "Cancer" (as you knew) and "Heaven Help Us"; both by My Chemical Romance
  • Further planned out the "Cancer" video on paper - each scene is now complete, and there will now be an Intro, possibly an Interlude, and an extra ending, with (sort of) original content created from the music.
  • Tested mise-en-scene ideas - mainly make up, lighting and costume.
  • Planned out "Heaven Help Us", although I'm not sure I'll being doing this one for the main project, maybe just a side project.
  • Practiced various shots including shallow focus (and the switchy-inbetween focus - I will find the proper term from my notes and update!)
  • Filmed at various locations as a Recce (seaside, park, caves, vintage-style funfair etc.) to get an idea of which locations would work - I found the perfect set for the second verse of "Cancer" - my Grandma's spare room!
  • Requested permission to use "Cancer" - I'm awaiting a response :)
  • Investigated example coursework including this: FINAL 153
  • Began researching digipack structures
  • Filming the intro and the second verse for "Cancer" (the overall lip sync I'd filmed previously)
  • Been debating making a webiste completely from scratch (as it'll be all my own work) or using a website builder (so it has cool effects) - not got very far with the decision though :/
When I get back to school on tuesday, I will upload and moderate my footage, choosing the most relevant clips to show the shots I've practised and the sections I've filmed. I'll need to use GarageBand to try and edit sections of the song, as for the Intro and Interlude, I want to slow down and repeat the first piano chord, plus a pencil writing sound effect I will create, both playing underneath the voiceover I have scripted. This will all make much more sense once I've uploaded the planning I've done on paper (although, I may have to explain it a bit better, as it's a tad all over the place at the minute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment