Tuesday 3 January 2012

Evaluation: What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

Unfortunately there has been a problem with exporting this video, and a good half or so of the video is missing. I'll re-export and upload it again so you can have the full viewing experience. For now, here's the unexplained cropped version:
I am really pleased with the response I got from my target audience. Overall I think my products were a success, as it mainly had the desired reaction of laughter. I think it comfused a few people, due to the sheer randomness of it, but everyone who saw it said they liked it (and I got them to pinky promise honesty!) 


It was very interesting to watch my audience's expressions as they watched my video. It was good to see them appreciating certain parts I'd hoped they would. One of my favourite parts was hearing the different opinions on the lip sync issue. Most of them agreed with me that it would have ruined my video (or made it a bit unbelievable) however some were more intent on the inclusion of lip sync. To be honest, I really think it is down to personal preference, as I am very fond of certain videos that do use it, and some that don't. I don't see it as a major factor in the quality of a video, as each video has a different edge to it, a different intention, which would be spoiled if they all had to be the same and follow the same rules. Sometimes making things a little different is the way forward in my opinion, but not to the point of different for the sake of it; it has to make sense with the concept.


My audience seemed to get the viewing experience I'd hoped they would, so I'm rather pleased and proud of the eventual outcome. It made my day when they had trouble coming up with faults and things they would change, I've got a real sense of achievement due to them. :)


Another thing that pleased me was a comment I received about my digipak. I was told that the front of it reminded them of the Foo Fighters album Wasting Light -->
I was also told by my dad that the back of the digipak reminded him of a Pulp back cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment